SPONSORING THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW
What’s your vision for the sawmill of tomorrow?
How do you plan to make this vision a reality?
Answer these two questions, and we could have $2,000 to help you get there (plus a free trip to the Timber Processing & Energy Expo in Portland, Oregon). JoeScan is looking for college students in the US & Canada that are studying one of the following fields:
- Sawmill Operations
- Forestry / Forest Products
- Wood Science / Wood Products
- Resource Management
- Industrial Automation
- Software / Programming
- Any program that enables you to innovate in sawmill technology
Our $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to the student or students that best answer the questions above. How should you provide your answers? It’s up to you!
We want you to choose the format that best enables you to show us what your vision of the future of sawmill technology will be. Here’s some ideas:
- whitepapers or essays
- CAD models or other design documents
- teleconference or pre-recorded live presentation
- powerpoint presentations
- software demos or simulations
- or any combination of the above
You just need someway to share your ideas with us electronically.
We will choose one application after evaluating all of the responses. An application can represent more than one student (for instance for group projects), however groups may be asked to share the award.
Evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Ingenuity – how unique is your approach?
- Feasibility – how likely is your vision to become a reality?
- Disruptiveness – how much will your approach change the sawmill industry?
- Simplicity – does your vision reduce complexity?
- Reliability – can your vision stand up to the rigors of the sawmill environment?
Deadlines & Other Dates
All submissions must be received no later than Monday, July 20, 2020.
The winner will be announced Wednesday, August 12, 2020. We’ll also hold a special ceremony honoring the winner at the Timber Processing & Energy Expo in Portland, Oregon on Thursday, October 1, 2020.
You can use the form below to begin your entry process. Just give us a brief outline for the answers to the two questions. We’ll contact you about the best way to submit your materials or schedule a presentation.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Good luck!